The Log House is a rustic two-story, seven bedroom lodge that is ideal for groups of up to 45. All sleeping arrangements are dormitory style. All rooms have at least a 1/2 bathroom, and two of the rooms have full private bathrooms. Two additional showers are located off the hallway on the second floor.
The Log House offers groups the option of preparing their own meals. To this end, the Log House is equipped with a full size kitchen that includes an electric range/oven, a gas range /oven, a commercial size refrigerator, a smaller conventional refrigerator/freezer, a microwave oven, a large stainless steel sink, and all of the of cooking equipment, plates, cups, bowls and eating utensils that your group will need.
The Log House’s meeting and eating room (approximately 500 sq. ft.) offers plenty of seating and tables, a piano, and a new stone fireplace. On the grounds, groups can take advantage of volleyball, horseshoes, and tetherball. All equipment is provided by Friendly Pines Camp. There is also a charming campfire area for evening campfires and a large barbecue for outdoor meals.
Extra, Private Housing
Finally, groups may wish to utilize two small cottages (capacity of 6) that are situated next to the Log House. If the cottages (Taos and Seri) are available they are perfect for extra housing or housing for speakers and other staff who may require a little extra privacy.
Main Camp can accommodate over 260 campers in rustic redwood cabins that are heated and equipped with private bathrooms and showers. All sleeping is dormitory style. Most cabins sleep between 8 and 10 people. We do have some smaller cottages and units that house 4-6 people.
Main Camp offers four main meeting rooms described below:
1. The Kiva (capacity of 250) is our largest meeting hall. This well heated and attractive building possesses a stage and a sound system so it is perfect for guest speakers, religious services, and talent shows. The simple open space also works well for large group meetings, break-out sessions and.
2. The Old Wagon Shed (capacity of 50) has a warm fireplace that makes it a cozy place for a breakout session. The Wagon Shed’s central location makes it well-suited for your group’s registration and welcoming station.
3. The Bicentennial Room (capacity of 25) is another nice location for a smaller group.
4. The Hanger (capacity of 25). Named in memory of Jack May, owner and RAF pilot, this is a tidy and central meeting area with sink and counter space.
5. The Dining Lodge is often used as a meeting space, provided it does not interfere with food service operations. With a capacity of around 250 the Lodge is a comfortable and charming space, enhanced by its large stone fireplace and knotty pine walls.
Beautiful 300 seat outdoor amphitheater complete with electricity and water.
Challenge Course with both high and low elements and a climbing wall.
Small, privately owned lake that’s a perfect destination for hikes and walks or even fishing.
A two-way radio to provide a rapid response to your group’s maintenance needs.
Tennis and basketball courts.
Large campfire area
Large outdoor barbecue
Ball fields and Football-sized grass sports field
Tetherball and Horseshoes